The Warehouse of Doom is a 5,000 square foot warehouse in a small town in Alabama. It was in rough shape when my dad and I bought it, but it’s slowly improving as I do more projects on it. Most of the necessary skills are not skills I know, so I’m learning as I go.
I’ve got a few things I’m trying to do with the Warehouse of Doom. In no particular order, they are:
- Learn about rehabbing old buildings
- Have a place to work on projects where I can leave them half done and come back to finish them, without kids or dogs destroying them in the meantime.
- Keep my metal and wood cutting machines safely away from the kids and dogs
- Produce videos. I’m not setting the bar at ‘great’ or even ‘good’, but I’ll settle for informative videos my kids can look at in a few decades whether I’m still around or not. And getting better at videos in the meantime is definitely a goal.
- Be able to indulge the occasional urge to try crazy experiments just because I have the space to do it.
- Hopefully, manage to drag my family into it with me.